Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) has taken the sporting and fitness world by storm over the last 15 years. Professional athletes from other sports are training in MMA to improve flexibility, power, and mental strength. To complement the hard training needed to compete in MMA or other combat sports like Boxing, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, it is of paramount importance to consume the best nutrition to ensure proper energy and performance levels. So what are the elements needed to empower yourself and supercharge your diet?
1. Cleanse – clear out the toxins from your body. From the air we breathe to the unnecessary additives and preservatives in our food, we are unconsciously limiting our athletic potential by carrying a lot of toxic baggage in our bodies. Eating healthy is great, but what good is it if too much junk in your system is limiting how well you absorb the food?
2. Protein – though there are dozens of protein sources – not all have the same biological value. Protein is essentially for maintaining and growing muscles.
3. Vitamins, Minerals, and Anti-Oxidants – the proper blend of vitamins and minerals aid in processing food, rejuvenating the body, and help to fight off cancer causing free radicals. Like with protein, you want to make sure that you are giving your body only the best.
4. Joint and Relief Support – in combat sports the joints take a lot of abuse. One can be the best conditioned athlete in his or her sport, but if the body’s joints aren’t well lubricated, the fighter maybe be at a mechanical disadvantage. Minimizing inflammation and scar tissue is key for any future in MMA.
5. Recovery – Hard training, stress from work, school, or family obligations can put one’s central nervous system at a deficit. A concentrated blend of herbs, botanicals, and anti-oxidant properties will help assist in overcoming the energy draining effects of stress.
To learn more about improving athletic performance through nutrition CLICK HERE